Saturday, October 30, 2010

Home

     Went home last weekend. Was able to get friday and monday off from classes but it was still a short visit. it was a good weekend and saw most of my family and many friends. The circumstance for going home wasn't good but the weekend turned out very nice and I am very glad I went home. I stopped by the old ranch to pick up some things from my trailer and see everything but no one was down there. Had a great time on Sunday and saw lots of great people. Monday I had a horrible flight home. Missed my first flight at 6:30 AM so they rescheduled me for a 12:30 flight which then had equipment failure so was scheduled for 6:30 PM so was delayed a full 12 hours. I got back to KY at 8:30 Tuesday morning and had class at 12 and 3. I didn't get any sleep except dozing on the plane so was exhausted and went to sleep at 5 PM after my classes. Poor Banico got a bit neglected because I wasn't able to get out there until Thursday because of late clinical on Wednesday. But he is out in pasture full time now so it wasn't so bad.
     When I did get out there on Thursday he had just got feed so he did not want to leave it so we had a bit of a discussion about that. But he eventually came. He had a bit bump on his butt and the BO thinks he might of been kicked because they are still figuring out pecking orders. He seemed fine otherwise and I had a very good ride. He has become so much better after being out on pasture. I also started blanketing him because he still has no winter coat and it has been getting down in the 30s during the night and he is kind of thin. Friday I went out to dinner with the BO and some other borders and had a great time. When we came back for some reason Banico was pacing the fence line which WHO know what that is about. Apparently he started it the night before. Dont think he has ever done that before but who knows. When I went out to catch him he screemed at me and cantered up to the creek but didn't want to cross it. took him a few minutes and some bribery to get him across but I didn't feel like going across to get him. Some how he got him self over there. Sissy. Had another nice ride with some of the other borders. Today I went out and worked on his front feet some and then hopped on him bareback for a short ride. He finally has his brain fully back. This week has been long and I am glad it is finally the weekend but have another busy week coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment