Saturday, October 16, 2010

Improvement and unproductive day.

Banico has been much better. He has been much calmer under saddle now that he is outside more. Except yesterday when he got moved and got a bit attached to one of the other horses and got very distracted. I lunged him and did lots of transitions and he was fine by the end of the ride. He got move into a pasture with a creek running through it and he loves playing in water. His legs and belly were covered with mud yesterday when I got him out. He had obviously been playing and splashing in the water.  He also found a burr bush last night and had a bunch in his tail today. I am very temped to start putting it up in a tail bag again. I spent some time today picking them out and got a handful of them but there are a bunch more but the BO asked me if I wanted to go to the stockyards with her so I did that instead. That was interesting. I had never been to an auction. The barn owner goes and buys horses to resell. Today she bought a cute pony thats coloring reminds me so much of Banicos. She is a darker bay but with long white socks and a little star and black and white tail and some of the markings were even close. The BO was joking that she should name it Banica when someone asked what she was going to name her. Other than going to the stockyards and grooming Banico I have done almost noting today but after the crazy week I had I think I needed a day to relax. I have to get some pics of the new pony and some more of Banico tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment