Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter break

I am back in CA for winter break. I went and visited both sets of grandparents over Christmas and then drove down to my horsey aunt Julie with my cousin Tyler. She has a Friesian mare and her 4 year old colt. We have also had a bunch of rain. We had about 5 days straight of rain when I first got here and has been raining off and on sense then. Everything is muddy so there isn't much to do with the horses. It dried up enough to do a bit with them when I first got to Julie's. We worked with the mare on ground driving and draging the arena with a tire and the colt with some bowing and ground work. Pictures are of the two running around the arena. It rained more today so we just hung out and went to my favorite tack store Thrifty Horse which is a huge consignment shop in Norco. There is always lots to look at and I bought a really nice saddle pad for $20. Also saw a English saddle with pink seat and knee roles that belonged on Tacky Tack. I have been having fun listening to my cousin and uncle Bob's hilarious banter back and forth. 
Colt, Zues, in front and mare in back
Zues
Mare









1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had fun, even with the bad weather. Wish you had gotton a pic of that pink saddle! Sounds awful! lol Those horses are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete