Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Winter

      I went to a friends house in eastern Tennessee for Thanksgivings and had a great time. Had lots of good food and just relaxed and didn't think of school at all. It was a very nice weekend and I had a great time seeing everything. I have never been in that area so it was interesting and beautiful. We also went to visit her horse who lives at her grandparents. He hadn't been ridden in a wile so we just visited and I had fun looking at some of the old tack they had. There were a bunch of  old draft collars and some old harnesses that were neat to look at. 
      This week has turned into winter. I woke up to it snowing but it didn't stick very long but it was close to freezing all day. It has also been raining so it was a muddy mess. Banico had been inside most of the last few days but when he is out he finds a nice mud hole to role in. He also turned a bit pink from the new red shoulder guard. 

I'm so glad he has a blanket on otherwise it would be to much work to scrape off all the mud to ride. He is still a muddy mess anywhere the blanket doesn't cover. 




Pink horse!
And just because he is so cute. 

He was a bit crazy today when I rode him probably because of the cold weather and being in a stall because of the rain. He was very forward and didn't want to listen to my leg. He just wanted to go. He was very sweaty after the ride despite it being freezing but I did finally get him listening to me better. I put a blanket on him and worked on his feet a bit.   

1 comment:

  1. It has gotton SO cold down here in Alabama too! Thats one thing I kinda hate about winter... horses all seem to become deaf/dumb and pretend they don't know how to be riden anymore! haha!

    ReplyDelete